On Friday 22 May 2020 the NWSF Community received this email detailing our Association’s latest update in light of restrictions easing in NSW.
It contains important information regarding
- Return to training
- 2020 Season Arrangements
- 2020 Fees (including instructions on how to deregister if desired)
The information is also reproduced below.
The two documents in the email are here.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Redbacks FC Committee.
We look forward to return to the grounds soon !
NWSF – 2020 Season Update
We thank you for your patience during the suspension of football and understand you would be eager to get back on the field.
We are excited that Football NSW has advised that, provided clubs and participants comply with the revised NSW Govt Public Health Order and by adopting the FNSW Return to Training Guidelines (available here), clubs can resume training activities. This is also subject to local Councils confirming fields will be available (and we note some of our Councils are yet to confirm).
Please check with your club about arrangements for training and remember you must stay at home if:
1. You have been unwell or are displaying any of the following symptoms similar to flu:
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
2. You have been exposed to a person who has tested positive to Coronavirus
3. You have a sudden loss of taste or smell
4. You have been placed in quarantine or self isolation
We are also in discussions with Councils and summer sports and hopeful that we will have access to fields through to the weekend of 3/4 October.This means all competitions will play 13 or 14 matches and 1 vs 2 grand finals may also be possible if we can get access to fields for an additional week.
- Players currently Active in Play Football will have until 5 June if they wish to de-register. Those who de-register cannot re-register with NWSF in 2020
- Players wishing to de-register need to initiate the de-registration in Play Football. A guide is available here.
- Clubs may determine if they wish to charge de-registered players a minimal admin fee (to cover equipment and admin overheads) for those who de-register prior to 5 June
- The Association will liaise with clubs to confirm the amount to be refunded and will process refunds to players who de-register prior to 5 June. NWSF will send players seeking de-registration a form to collect bank details for the refund payment
- Active Kids Vouchers cannot be refunded to players as per NSW Government requirements
- Players who wish to de-register after 5 June will not be entitled to a refund
- Registrations for new players will close for the year on 31 July
- There will be no refunds if the season is reduced by wet weather
The process above is required so that clubs can confirm whether they need to withdraw or merge teams, and so the Association can complete the draw process.