All matters regarding grievances, disputes and/or incidents arising from the conduct of matches administered by NWSF, or arising from the administration of the football competitions within NWSF are governed by the NWSF Grievance and Disciplinary Regulations.
Committees and Tribunals
There are three Committees and Tribunals enacted to manage the Grievance and Disciplinary process.
- Disciplinary Committee (DC)
- General Purpose Tribunal (GPT)
- Appeal Tribunal (AT)
Disciplinary Committee (DC)
Subject to section 7.1(b), the Disciplinary Committee has jurisdiction to:
- issue Suspensions in respect of Red Card offences (section 7.2)
- determine any challenge relating to mistaken identity pursuant to section 7.3
- issue penalties for Team Misconduct pursuant to section 16.5 (b) i and 16.5 (b) ii
The DC shall only have jurisdiction to issue a suspension that is no greater than one (1) calendar
year. A suspension that is greater than one (1) calendar year may only be issued by a Tribunal.
The DC shall refer a matter to the GPT if it determines that the matter warrants consideration
of a suspension greater than one (1) calendar year.
General Purpose Tribunal (GPT)
- The GPT shall deal with all incident reports and serious send offs directed to the GPT by the DC or the General Manager. The GPT will also deal with any challenge referred to them by the DC.
- All decisions of the GPT will be conveyed by email to the player’s club within two (2) days of the hearing.
Appeals Tribunal (AT)
- The AT will deal with all appeals from decisions of the DC and GPT.
- All appeals must be made in writing setting out grounds of appeal within seven (7) days of receipt by the club of the decision of the DC or GPT together with the relevant appeal fee.